There is a myth that,starting a weight loss diet means drifting away from the lip smacking food we love.No chocolates,no Ice creams, no French fries. But this kind of drastic diet plan actually leads to more craving for food —- but the set goal is forsaken long before the goal is achieved.
Taking away a person’s favorite crunchy food can be the end of the world, even when the diet is mandatory, not an option.There is a difference between eating the food which we adore and eating according to the diet plan.
A diet without cheating in unrealistic. But, we can always learn and adopt ways to handle the cheaty diet.
- Accepting the binge food,the desire for them isn’t going anywhere, instead enjoy a piece of cake.
- Fill the stomach with loads of whole grains,fruits & vegetables, so that you won’t crave for junk foods.
- Substitute it for healthy diet, we all like salty food items, sweet food items, substitute the same with gourmet salt or sugar free, so you will like it less.
- Appeal to the eyes, we should start enjoying with all the senses, then food tastes good to the stomach, like salads with colorful veggies and fruits.
- Changing the order of the menu,like eating the flavorsome dessert first and then with starters, this way tongue taste is relinquished first to fill the stomach.
- Some people are so averse to eat biscuits / muffins with coffee and tea,that they cannot relish the morning time without these combinations. Try making the different combination with nuts,oats,whole grains.
- Eat all those favorite food items, whichever you like, but have control on the quantity of food intake.
- Making small changes in the lifestyle will take you a long way. If you are addicted to pizza / burger , eat them in small quantity and compensate with a jog or walk or workouts.
- It is common to slip the diet,everyone does that considering today’s lifestyle, make a note of it, shell out that extra calories with next day’s food or by an additional workout.
Is Diet cheating, bad?
We tend to spend so much money,time & energy into planning the suitable dietary plan.After all these ploys, we tend to skip the diet and find some cheating ways. One starts wondering – is this part of the person’s basic nature? Hating oneself for this cheating habit is bad, what have we done? Enjoyed eating the loved foods. Practically thinking, yes, some of the foods which we eat should not have been taken. It is better to convince one’s own soul to work with the diet plan rather than working against it !!!
By Trial and error we learn a lot of new things about our body pattern. Once we know our weight loss pattern, we can try cheating and intensify on the diet plan to reduce weight. But cheating should not be done too often, as diet is one big lucky plan to lose weight.
When is it okay to cheat?
It is okay, when one is on vegan food. Veggie food contains less of fat substance and non-vegan food. Some medical portion is part of the diet plan. Cheating for a day is okay but should not be consistent, when workout plan is more than the diet plan.
Happy Dieting and cheating 🙂